Meet the Rebels - Sorn Nordvind

The story so far .....

We've been jumping into the mind of New Eden's criminal combat pilots. The Black Rebel Rifter Club decided to distribute into the public domain a series of standardised press interviews that were conducted at various locations across the cluster. The following short transcripts are in the words of the journalist who conducted the meetings and their identities have been hidden by request.

MB.


---

The next instalment takes us once again to The Ingot over in Hek solar system, my subject for today is a pilot called Sorn Nordvind, an Amarrian capsuleer. He is a strong man with a cold steely look about him and I get the impression that Sorn sure knows how to look after himself, which is probably a good thing being one of only a handful of Amarrians who have donned the Black Jacket most often favoured by predominantly Minmatar criminals.

 Sorn signals over to the bartender and we're soon sat at a rusty old table with chained to the floor seats drinking a brew and talking the talk.





Sorn Nordvind




Tell us a little bit about your background in New Eden.

Well, I was adopted into an Amarr familiy, don't know where I came from before that and I'm not in a hurry to find out either. What I sure as hell remember though, is how much I hated them all. Self-righteous bastards.
Anyway, I ran away as soon as I could and left life planet-side behind me as well. I travelled between stations along with a band of space gypsies in a beaten down industrial ship, we did some jobs in a station then moved on to the next one - and to be honest that's how I have spent the greater part of my life.
It was only a few years ago when I first got my pod-pilots license. I tried to get into the industrial business, but soon got bored out of my mind. I went back to working at a restaurant in a station in Wirdalen for a while until - for reasons I'm not even gonna try to understand - I got in bar fight. I got beaten to a pulp, of course. Luckily, the doctors found one of my old clones and activated that on the promise that I would fight for their militia. I lied.



How did you become a Black Rebel?

I saw one of the Rebels while I was out roaming, checked out the corp. By the description it looked like the kind of corp (or rather a band of pilots of questionable moral standing and reputation) I had been looking for. After spending a short while in The Autocannon, I decided to sign up.



What were you doing before you joined the Black Rebels?

I was a space-gypsy and a wannabe pirate. For all intents and purposes, I still am.



What is a Black Rebel?

A highly dangerous and unstable pilot, usually behind the controls of an equally dangerous and unstable spacecraft. Need I say more?



Is it true you need a tattoo to be considered for entry?

Yes, my skin is impervious to sharp objects though, so a tattoo wont stick on me. I paint Saftsuze`s face on the exhaust pipe of my Rifter instead.



Are all Black Rebels unwashed scumbags whose only goal in life is to terrorize those they tag as 'the enemy'?

Let me summarize: All Black Rebels are highly dangerous and unstable unwashed scumbags of questionable moral standing and reputation whose only goal in life is to terrorize those they tag as "the enemy" (everyone else) while fielding a fine selection of the most dangerous and unstable spacecraft known to man.



Tell me about your corpmates?

They are the kind of people you not only wouldn't want to meet in a dark alley - they are the kind of people you never ever would want to meet in your space stations shopping mall or in the queue at the pharmacist. Especially not there, they tend to get worse around drugs.



Describe a typical day in the life of a Rebel.

Reducing flashy ships to space dust while fighting impossible odds? Terrorizing pilots fresh out of the academy with a Gallentean exotic dancer on your lap? Something like that. My typical days lately has however consisted of dying horribly in a great ball of flame while trying to make it out of a gate camp.




End of transcript////

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.