Cover Girl IceSlicks Anti-Freeze Layered

Now that the Rescue Beauty Lounge spring collection is posted, I can post this! I'm sure it's some sort of crime to layer an old, cheap, chemical filled drugstore glitter over an $18 polish, but that's how I roll.


This is two coats of Cover Girl IceSlicks in Anti-Freeze over one coat of Rescue Beauty Lounge Iconoclast. Feel free to enlarge those. There's this incredibly gorgeous blue glitter in there that you just have to see. Eat your heart out, Starry Starry Night! This is what a real galaxy of stars looks like.

The Cover Girl polish is a sheer blue-green base with some very fine gold-green microglitter and some larger pure blue glitter. It looks fine alone, but when you layer it over something dark, the blue glitter pops out and looks incredible.

It does have the curse of the old-formula polish, though. It doesn't get along well with new-formula (3-free) polishes or treatments and can take an extremely long time to dry fully. It took two whole days for this to dry completely. I didn't use the right topcoat. I should have used Seche Vite but I didn't have it with me. The manicure was set and hard on the top, but the bottom layer was still wet enough that I could put marks on it if I pressed hard enough. Even in spite of this, I still love my old formula polishes. They just don't make colors like this anymore. I haven't seen a polish like this come out at all in the past few years- can you not get this shade of blue glitter anymore? Does it have something to do with the formula change?

One of these days I'm going to swatch more of my old polishes. There used to be so many great colors available at the drugstore... I think we're starting to see a return to less-conservative shades in the mainstream market now, which is awesome. But still, where are my duochromes?! No one has filled the hole that the discontinuation of Nail Prisms has left in my heart...


Category Article , , , , , ,

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.