Wet n Wild Color Icon Eyeshadow Trios Spring 2011

I don't think I ever posted the last of the Holiday Color Icon palettes, but that's going to have to wait because these new ones are too great not to post!

I think Wet n Wild is my new darling brand. I've been really thrilled with all the things I've bought from them lately. The whole line being dirt cheap doesn't hurt, either. I really appreciate the fact that they're releasing fun/trendy/exciting colors with good quality at an unbelievably affordable price.


I'm missing one in this picture. I couldn't get all the palettes at one store! Can you believe that? Each display was practically empty- only two or three palettes left on each. They must be doing something right because these just came out and practically flew off the shelves.

This is the one that was the hardest to find, and I can see why. It's gorgeous.

The sticker on the front tells you to turn it over and look at the back, so here's that:

Just some basic instructions on how to create a look and a little info about the product. Why that sticker was even necessary is beyond me, but hey, at least it's an extra safety seal to prevent it from being opened in the store.


Here they are in order:



331 I Dream Of Greenie.

I Dream Of Greenie has a light seafoam green shimmer, a medium turquoise shimmer and a bright lime shimmer. Look at my arm on the swatch picture- this is why I rarely wear light green shadows! Makes my skin look so red. I haven't worn this trio yet.



332 I'm Feeling Retro.


Haha, mine's upside down!



I'm Feeling Retro has a silvery metallic white, an aqua blue shimmer and a fuchsia/violet duochrome shimmer that could pass as a dupe for my favorite MAC shadow, Stars n Rockets.



333 I Got Good Jeans.



I Got Good Jeans has a blued silver shimmer, a deep blackened navy shimmer and an amazing yellow gold shimmer. The gold is one of the prettiest golds in my collection it it looks fantastic alongside the blue. I did a look with it:


Sorry about the off-color flash photos, it was dark. This was the golden shade on the lid, the blue in the crease and the silver on the lower lashline and a tiny bit on the browbone. It recommends putting the silver on the browbone so I tried it. When I looked in the mirror, I started to feel like my skin wasn't orange enough and I wasn't posting enough sideways-peace-sign-duck-face-in-the-mirror pictures of myself on the internet, so I wiped it off.



334 I'm Getting Sunburned.



I'm Getting Sunburned has a warm frosty pink, a blackened brown with red pearl and a rich metallic gold. Sooo pretty, I can't wait to use this one. I don't have enough eyelids.

335 Silent Treatment.


Silent Treatment has a soft pink shimmer, a blackened brown shimmer and a purple-taupe shimmer. Perfect smoky eye palette. You don't have to think about anything at all- just put the colors on in the order it says. So beautiful:


The taupe on the lid, the black in the crease and the pink on the browbone and lower lashline. Perfect texture, great pigment. Love this palette. The eyeliner I'm wearing in these looks is Licorice by Hard Candy- a sheer black with holo glitter. I'm torn about it and I'll review it in depth soon.



336 Spoiled Brat.


Spoiled Brat has a frosty silver, a black with silver microglitter and a matte-looking yet still somehow shimmery deep pink.



I used the pink on the lid, the black in the crease and lower lashline and a little of the silver on the lower lashline and a touch on the browbone. Again, frosty silver on the browbone is not really a good look for me so I wiped it off. With this trio I found that the pink had some fading issues and the glitter in the black doesn't show up, but otherwise it was a nice set of shadows.

The one and only downside to these is that they display said that they were $1.99 but they all rang up $2.97 or something like that. I don't know which is actually the real price, but I tend to trust what's printed on the front of the display... who knows... Either way, for under $3, you're getting some really nice eyeshadow in perfectly color coordinated trios. I'm becoming a big fan of budget beauty items and lately Wet n Wild has been scoring major points with me. Can't wait to see what they do next!





Category Article , , , , ,

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.