Dollar Tree Makeup? LA Colors Ocean Breeze Set

Ever since I re-discovered drugstore makeup, I've been trying out random things here and there. Some have been good, some have been bad and there have been a lot of pleasant surprises. So, when I was at Dollar Tree recently, these LA Colors palettes caught my eye. And hey, for $1, I had to try them.

I got four different sets: two of these dual 4-pans and two 10-pan palettes. Here's the set named Ocean Breeze (why is it named that?).


The set came in a little plastic bag with these two palettes in it. After I bought it, I realized that it was supposed to come with an eyeliner, and also that these probably weren't the palettes that were supposed to be in the bag. Gotta love Dollar Tree.


They're so cheap that they don't even have names or real lids. The plastic lids have to be removed, they don't swing open like a regular palette. Not a big deal, just somewhat annoying.

Here are the colors in natural light. Actually, they look more accurate in the artificial light, but this accentuates how similar the palettes look to each other.



Swatched dry, no primer. Pretty good payoff and pigmentation! The least pigmented is the grey, the most pigmented is the hot pink.

The colors in these are amazing. The hot pink is killer, the red is really nice and the darker of the purples is surprisingly vibrant. Totally worth the cost of admission. The palettes are small but the colors are bright and pigmented.

I did a super fast look with these; sorry about the weird flash and fluorescent light pictures, it was already dark out when I thought to take a picture.

I know, my liner is atrocious. It was almost empty, I should have just tossed it instead of trying to use the last drops left in the bottle...

This was:
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
The hot pink shade on the lid
The darker purple shade in the crease
A little Make Up For Ever #92 to deepen the crease
The teal shade on the lower lashline
Kat Von D liquid liner in Black Metal Love
Revlon Grow Luscious Mascara


See? Bright! Pigmented! Very powdery and soft with a slight sticky texture like some of those really inexpensive 'value set' drugstore shadows can be. Not hard or chalky like I'm used to from cheap drugstore shadow.

Now I'm excited to use the other LA Colors palettes I got. Great colors. The other palettes have different shades of red, yellow, blue, green, purple...Woohoo $1 makeup!


Category Article , , , ,

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.