Kat Von D True Romance Eyeshadow Palette in Truth

I *almost* didn't get this because the colors seemed bland online, but since I liked all the other palettes so much, I decided just to get it anyway to see if it was better in real life. It is.


The Kat Von D line always has really nice packaging. This is the outer box! It's so nice. It opens like an accordion to reveal this:


The palette, wrapped in grey metallic paper and sealed with a shiny gold sticker. My paper got a little crinkled and ripped. Aw. That's okay, you have to rip it in half to get to the palette anyway.

This is the front of the palette, almost just like the outer box. I like the old antique keys and the gold lettering. Were they going for a bit of a steampunk theme or something? I like the keys better than the previous tattoo designs.

Shadow names and ingredient label. Just realized that I should have turned this the other way because now the names are in backwards order.




The palette in artificial light and natural light. Left to right: Sugar Skull, Long Distance, Snake Eyes, Finland (cream shadow), Prague, Galeano, Rehab, Sister.



Sugar Skull, Long Distance, Snake Eyes, Finland, Prague, Galeano, Rehab, Sister.


The pigmentation is pretty good. Much better than the last palette (Adora). They're really soft and silky and easy to blend, just like all the previous palettes. Thankfully there's only one useless cream shadow in this palette, but I'd rather that number be zero.

I put together a quick look with this to test out the application, and I'm quite happy with it!


I know, I know. My brows look freaky. I'm trying to make the front part thicker so I'm growing them out.

This was:
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
Sugar Skull on inner third of lid
Long Distance on middle of lid
Prague in crease and on lower lash line
Sister on browbone
Smashbox Artificial Light
MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack (the glitter was leftover on my brush from something else I'm reviewing)
Cover Girl Lash Blast

Everything went on easily, good pigmentation, smooth texture, maybe even a little too smooth because I had a lot of powder loose in the palette after applying. Easy blending, too. The only thing that seems wrong to me is that the bright green shade, Long Distance, starts fading right after I apply it. When I first put it on my lid, it's vibrant light chartreuse, but then it starts to look less bright almost immediately after, so I find myself wanting to pack on more and more shadow to get the intensity back. I'll have to try this with Urban Decay Primer Potion to see if it's a primer issue.

This palette is really springy. The greens and blues are crisp and the purples are soft and romantic. This doesn't seem like the rest of the dark, edgy, colorful palettes Kat/Sephora have done, but it's still nice despite the change in theme. I'll have to try out the rest of the colors soon, and figure out what to do with that damn cream shadow that's taking up space in the palette.

Oh yeah, this palette comes with those weird brushes like all the other ones. They're completely useless for applying shadow, but they're GREAT as lip brushes and concealer brushes! So, I guess they're not completely useless, only useless in context.

Interestingly enough, the Truth palette isn't listed as limited edition on Sephora.com. They should just make them all permanent! You should see the dent I've put in my Gypsy palette. Should have gotten a backup.


Category Article , , , , ,

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.