Blue Fish Look

I was at Whole Foods a while back and saw this gorgeous fish in their fish tank. I have no idea what kind of fish it was and I haven't been able to find a picture of it. But this fish, it was the most striking combination of deep yet vibrant blue and neon orange. I stood there and watched that fish swim around for a good five minutes. It was so beautiful. It inspired me to try to use blue and orange together.

This is what the fish inspired.

This was taken at night with flash... The flash makes my skin look dark orange! So weird.

This was:
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
MAC Acid Orange pigment on lid
MAC Bang On Blue and Electric Eel layered in crease
MAC Bang On Blue on lower lash line
Urban Decay Radium liquid liner (so empty that I'm surprised I could even line my eyes with it)
Cover Girl Lash Blast (the orange one)

I love how the colors looked together. The orange made the blue look even blue-er. I was shocked to find that I didn't have the exact shade of blue I was looking for! I was hoping for a blue the color of Orly Royal Navy- something kinda deep but still WHOA HEY IT'S BLUE!! You know? All I had were in between ones, like Electric Eel or Plumage. So... dark vibrant blue matte eyeshadow- any recommendations?

I wore this look the same day I went to the 47th Walgreens looking for those Wet n Wild palettes and one of the Walgreens employees stopped me to rave about how much she loved my makeup. I always feel a little awkward in those situations, but it does make me happy to know that I'm not the only one who appreciates fun makeup. I always get complimented by someone when I wear 'fun' or non traditional colors, now that I think of it... And never when I'm wearing 'normal' colors like grey or brown or my standard lazy smoky eye.

On a funny sidenote, my husband, who is not even remotely a sports fan, said this looked like the Bears. Not really the look I was going for, but I think he's right. Oops.



Category Article , , ,

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.